G-I Vision: The Geo-Institute will guide the geoprofession to new frontiers to better serve society.
G-I Mission: The Geo-Institute will address the challenges of the geoprofession and enhance the value of geoprofessionals.
G-I Strategic Plan 2018-2022
- Goal 1: Collaborate externally to promote value and leadership of the geoprofession in public policy, professional practice, and project decision-making.
- Participate actively in project policy and public policy
- Support professional practice, including developing and implementing policies about licensure and post-PE credentialing
- Address challenges from marginalization and commoditization
- Goal 2: Lead in providing technical and career opportunities for members.
- Facilitate moving the state-of-the-art into the state-of-the-practice
- Deliver high-quality publications and continuing education
- Provide opportunities for networking and collaboration within the community
- Foster leadership and mentoring
- Goal 3: Promote new technology and innovation.
- Foster development of new materials
- Foster development of new technology
- Promote recognition for the role of geoprofessionals in innovation
- Foster development of new methods for project delivery
- Goal 4: Provide excellence in delivery of services.
- Provide excellent international, national, and regional conferences
- Provide a strong digital presence with G-I content, policy, and guidance
- Produce high-quality, readily accessible publications
- Communicate effectively with members, partners, and stakeholders
G-I Strategic Plan
Strategic Plan 2018-2022
Adopted by the G-I Board of Governors on 17 October 2017
Adopted by the G-I Board of Governors on 18 October 2013
G-I Policy and Procedures
Geo-Institute Policy and Procedures
Adopted by the G-I Board of Governors on 14 January 2015