G-I Vision: The Geo-Institute will guide the geoprofession to new frontiers to better serve society.
G-I Mission: The Geo-Institute will advance the geoprofession and enhance the value of geoprofessionals.
G-I Strategic Plan 2023-2027
Goal 1: Collaborate externally to promote value and leadership of the geoprofession in public policy, professional practice, and project decision making.
- Participate in project decision making; the development of codes, standards, and guidelines; and formulation of public policy
- Support professional practice, including developing and implementing policies about licensure and post-PE credentialing
- Address challenges from marginalization and commoditization
- Encourage public service
Goal 2: Lead in providing technical and career opportunities for members.
- Facilitate moving the state-of-the-art into the state-of-the-practice
- Deliver high-quality publications and continuing education
- Provide opportunities for networking and collaboration within the community
- Foster leadership, mentoring, and inclusiveness
- Attract and retain student and professional members
Goal 3: Promote new technologies and innovation.
- Encourage development of new materials, technologies, and methods for project delivery
- Promote and support innovation in the geoprofession through educational, technical, and multidisciplinary activities
- Participate in the development and updating of codes, standards, and guidelines to incorporate new technologies and innovation
Goal 4: Deliver value to our members.
- Provide excellent regional, national, and international conferences
- Provide a strong digital presence with G-I content, policy, and guidance
- Produce high-quality, readily accessible publications and communications
- Communicate effectively with members, partners, and stakeholders
- Recognize achievements of geoprofessionals
- Advocate for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the geoprofession
G-I Strategic Plan
Strategic Plan 2023-2027
Approved by the G-I Board of Governors October 7, 2022
Adopted by the G-I Board of Governors on July 2018
G-I Policy and Procedures
Geo-Institute Policy and Procedures
Adopted by the G-I Board of Governors on 14 January 2015