IGS-North America (IGS-NA) and the Geosynthetic Materials Association (GMA) are pleased to invite current students and students that have graduated during the 2016-2019 period (with a BS, MS, or Ph.D. degree) to participate in the 2020 North American Geosynthetics Student Awards Program.
Participation in this student program requires:
- Submittal of a research abstract by 26 June 2019
- Subsequent submittal of the first version of a research paper by 06 October 2019
- Participation as a North American Delegate to the GeoAmericas 2020 Conference, the 4th Pan American Conference on Geosynthetics to be held in beautiful Rio de Janeiro, Brazil from 26 to 29 April 2020 (https://www.geoamericas2020.com/)
Participants will qualify for exciting honors and awards:
- All students with accepted papers will join the North American Student Delegation to GeoAmericas 2020
- The authors of the top three papers will have all travel expenses and registration fees paid for their trip to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- The author of the top paper will receive additional compensation of $1,000 as well as the opportunity to participate in a subsequent intercontinental competition among student winners from various countries, to be held during GeoAmericas 2020
- The participant should either be a current student or should have graduated during the 2016-2019 period
- The degree pursued by current students or already earned by recent graduates may be a BS, MS, or PhD. However, the research documented in the paper submitted should have been conducted primarily as a student
- Participating students and faculty advisors must be members of IGS-NA. If you are not currently an IGS-NA member, you can become one easily online (https://www.igs-na.org/membership/). Membership for current students is free!
- The student should be the first author of the paper and it is recommended that the faculty advisor be the second author
- Participants in previous IGS-NA student competitions may also participate in the 2020 Student Awards Program
Timeline and selection process:
- 14 June 2019 (Optional): Send email to email@example.com with the subject “Expression of Interest: 2020 Student Award.” Include your name, institution, advisor, and theme of your planned abstract. This will help organizers identify reviewers for a fast submission turnaround.
- 26 June 2019: Deadline for abstract submittal through the GeoAmericas 2020 website (https://www.geoamericas2020.com/abstracts-submission)
For more complete information, download the Awards Program bulletin.