admin | Created: 28 Jun 2017 | Updated: 27 Feb 2018
Earth Retaining Structures
Need a geotechnical speaker for a regional, chapter or technical event ~ here are some great
- Deep Foundations Committee has a few lecture/conference topics readily available for presentation to local chapters as part of our Speaker’s Program. Specifically, Jean Lous Briaud, Ph.D., P.E., D.GE, Dist.M.ASCE of Texas A & M University, is available to present on three topics: Downdrag on Piles, Bridge Scour, In Situ Tests. In addition, if other specific interests or topics are of interest, the Deep Foundations can help arrange for committee members to volunteer in his/her field of expertise. Please contact Luis Garcia if interested.
- Earth Retaining Structures Committee has several speakers available:
- Challenges in Managing an Aging Infrastructure: Lessons Learned from a Near-miss on the Lake Manatee Dam – Glen Anderson, Ph.D., P.E.
- The use of MSE walls backfilled with Lightweight Cellular Concrete in soft ground seismic areas – Daniel Pradel, Ph.D., P.E.
- Deep Excavation Design Methods – From Allowable Stress to Load Factored and Resistance Design – Dimitrios Konstantakos, P.E., M.ASCE
- Design of Drilled Shafts to Enhance Slope Stability – Daniel Pradel, Ph.D., P.E
Also other speakers can be found at: G-I TECHNICAL COMMITTEES’ SPEAKER PROGRAMS