Want to get more involved in the Geo-Institute? Consider volunteering to review technical papers submitted to the PanAm-UNSAT 2017 conference and other upcoming G-I conferences.
Serving as a reviewer allows you to play a critical role in ensuring the papers published in the conference Proceedings adhere to the quality standards of a Geotechnical Special Publication (GSP). Our goal is to publish and present papers of high professional and scientific quality that will have permanent value for geotechnical engineers.
The online volunteer form will ask you for information about your interests and expertise. It will add your information to a new list of potential reviewers that will be made available to conference session chairs seeking reviewers for papers assigned to them. The G-I staff hopes to eventually build a permanent database of volunteer reviewers for all conferences; this is a first step.
For PanAm-UNSAT 2017, chairs will be specifically looking for reviewers with expertise in the following conference topics:
- Stress State Quantification
- Experimental Laboratory and In-Situ Testing
- Unsaturated Rock Behavior
- Unsaturated Permafrost Behavior
- Fundamentals such as: flow processes, shear strength, stiffness and dynamic response, volume change
- Energy Geotechnics
- Numerical and Constitutive Modeling in Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Applications such as: cohesive-frictional soils, collapsible soils, expansive soils, slope stability, landfills, pavements, foundations
All expertise is welcome. Conference registration is not required to review these papers. You might even consider it an opportunity to take a sneak peak at the cutting-edge content to be presented!